Independent E&P Company - Appraisal and Field Development Campaign
We assigned a fully integrated team to support our Client during their appraisal campaign, which was followed by the preparation and submission of a Field Development Plan (FDP) for a land based project in Northern Iraq.
The project highlighted the multi-disciplinary capabilities of Axis, as the operator relied on our fully integrated offering throughout the full life cycle of the project. This commenced with the deployment of Well Test Engineers to the operator’s Headquarter offices tasked with undertaking the planning of a multi-zone DST on an appraisal well in the field. We then supported the operator with onsite supervision, test results interpretation and then prepared a Declaration of Commerciality (DoC) document for the operator to submit to the regional energy minister.
Following the acceptance of the DoC, we were requested to prepare a full FDP which had a demanding delivery timeline. The integration of our Subsurface, Wells, Site Civils Engineering and Production & Commission departments were assigned to undertake the relevant field development studies. Given that all departments worked closely under “one house”, the efficiency of being able to share sensitive information relatively quickly within the company ensured that performance and delivery milestones were successfully achieved.
To achieve this we carried out the following activities:
- Developed well test programme.
- Supervised well test operations.
- Interpreted well test data.
- Prepared detailed End of Well Report.
- Prepared “Declaration of Commercial Discovery” documentation.
- Prepared Field Development Plan, incorporating the following technical information from our specialists :
- Seismic interpretation and structural modelling.
- Static geological and dynamic reservoir modelling.
- Completion and well design.
- Profile generation and economic viability report.
- Production and Process Operating Philosophy.
- Facilities and Exports requirements.
- Field civils / construction design.
- Health Safety and Environment considerations.
- Economic viability report.
- FDP documentation.
We successfully achieved an extremely challenging delivery schedule, providing our clients with a comprehensive and detailed field development strategy, that was then verified with a high value appraisal well.
For more information please contact our experts.