Independent UK Oil Company – Assistance with Licence Application
Exploration and Appraisal
Independent UK Oil Company
Our client was interested in applying for several open blocks near to their current producing fields. They enlisted our assistance to provide technical support to help them decide whether or not to proceed to a licence application and request for board approval.
To achieve this we carried out the following activities:
- Data collation, review and understanding.
- Review offset wells, relinquishment reports within the vicinity, published data on offset analogue fields.
- Identification and review of available seismic data.
- Analysis and review of available MDT, DST, PVT data.
- Understanding of the following and how they relate to the undeveloped discoveries and prospects within the blocks of interest:
- Depositional model, sand thickness and rock quality.
- Pressures, fluid contacts and reservoir compartmentalisation.
- Well performance from DST and available field production data.
- Production challenges (analogue fields).
- Provided a view on in place, recovery factors and reserves
- This may be limited by the lack of seismic/ seismic interpretation.
- Subsurface risk matrix.
The key outcome of this project was that all the deliverables were met in a timely fashion for our client to submit a high quality application to the OGA.
For more information please contact our experts.